A kaleidoscope of Culture, Colour, Beauty and Photography in India.
This diverse tour offers all facets of India.
We explore the bustling city life of New & Old Delhi, the lake city of Udaipur and rural areas in Rajasthan.
Included is a well balanced mixture of temples, cities, people, artisans, transport, architecture, nature, farms and village life – combined with deep knowledge of the history and culture of India from Ishvara and how to improve your photographic skills from Peter and Leanne – both Accredited South African Professional Photographers.
SOLO TRAVELLERS ARE WELCOME: We have managed to keep the Solo Rate at just 15%.
24 October – 02 November 2020.
- 2 places booked so far.
- Early booking is advisable to avoid disappointment.
- There is a minimum of 8 people and a maximum of 16. The closing date for this tour is 20 August 2020.
- See below for deposit details to secure as well as price and payment terms.
Who is our Indian Guide?
Ishvara Dhyan is South African yet has traveled to India over 20 times and he is fluent in Hindi and Yiddish. He is deeply knowledgeable about the area, food, fabrics, history, buildings and the culture. His business, Ancient Secrets, has been running for many years and he specializes in Cultural Tours through the Inner City of Johannesburg .Ancient Secrets and thephotowalkers.com teamed up in 2016 and offer a wonderful combination of photography and culture. Ishvara’s deep knowledge of India combined with thephotowalkers.com desire to be in the best spots at the best times is what makes this tour – exceptional.
Who is the tour aimed at?
- Foodies: People who are interested in Indian cuisine. Ishvara takes us to the most incredible local restaurants where we experience the best foods. You will also prepare a meal in Sikh temple, help prepare food and eat with the locals.
- Lovers of Culture and History: On this tour you will visit small villages and learn about the history of each one and get to know and understand the culture. We will also visit the Taj Mahal, The Red Fort and a couple of other Iconic buildings and temples.
- *Photographers: All skill levels. Anyone requiring some guidance on how to take better photos while travelling!
- Solo Travelers and travel partners/friends.
- Anyone looking for a fun and inspiring adventure.
PLEASE NOTE: India has so much to offer: Colour, dust, people, baron landscapes, forests, cities, buildings, people, food, many forms of transport and so much more.
*At every stop you will feel compelled to photograph Italy so you can take the memories home. Leanne is there to help you take the best photos that you can with whatever camera you have, ranging from a cell phone right through to a Pro Camera. Leanne is fluent in the mechanics in all makes of camera and phones and has many years experience as a professional photographer.
This is an optional service and she will help you at any level that you would like.
Itinerary and Travel Details:
24th October: (Day of arrival). Arrival at India Gandhi International Airport with a meet and greet by the tour guide and photographers. Transfer to your hotel. At 15h00 depart for an incredible evening at the Bangla Sahib Gurdwara (Sikh Temple) Sixteen thousand people are fed daily at the Gurdwara. We will help in the kitchen making dhal, rice and chapati and then enjoy the meal with the locals. Night photography of the temple reflecting in the lake – or just a time to sit and soak up the beauty and the experience of where you are.
25th October: A day in New Delhi with a visit to the Lodi Gardens followed by High Tea at the Majestic Imperial Hotel. Onto Chandi Chalk – Old Dehli a wonderful opportunity to experience the vibe of the streets. A relaxing dinner in the hotel on the rooftop.
26th October: Breakfast and check out, followed by a train trip at 10h00 to Mathura. Explore the nearby town of Vrindavan (the birthplace of Krishna). Lunch at the Balaram Temple complex. This ancient town has not changed much in the past few hundred years. In fact, it is much the same as it was 5000 years ago. This is a wonderful opportunity to capture the magic of ancient India. In the afternoon we will relax at Kusum Sarovara (the abandoned temple where Krishna picked flowers for his beloved Radharani). Along the way we will pass through fields and villages getting plenty of opportunities to photograph rural scenes.
In the evening we check into your accommodation next to the Bharatpur National Park.
27th October: We will drive to Agra before sunrise, to the home of the Taj Mahal “ a pearl on the cheek of time itself “…. the most popular attraction in India. Explore Agra Lal Qila (Red Fort) – the residence of Shah Jahan who built the Taj Mahal for his beloved wife Mumtaj. An Architecture photography course on the magnificent arches at the fort. A visit to the factory where the inlaid marble tables, tiles and crafts are manufactured. A light lunch and then return Return to tranquil Bharatpur for an afternoon and evening on own after a busy start.
28th October: A birding tour in the Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary, which is known as the Keoladeo Ghana National Park, Bharatpur and was accepted as a World Heritage Site in 1985. This man made sanctuary is home to over 380 species of birds, making it one of the most inviting destinations in the world for ornithologists, photographers, amateurs and nature lovers. Cars are not allowed into the park, so we will hire bicycles to get around – or you can go around on foot.
29th October: Check out and a drive to the airport (approx. 3 hours) for a flight to Udaipur. Lunch en-route. Check in at a hotel in Udaipur with views of Lake Pichola or the mountains. In the evening, an orientation walk around this beautiful town to get your bearings – followed by a dinner and a night time on roof top overlooking the Lake. A wonderful treat!
30th October: A free day on your own to relax at a pool on the rooftop of your hotel, do some shopping, sleep, go through your photographs, go for a massage – whatever you feel like.
31st October: An early breakfast followed by a journey on our private bus to the Marwar countryside. Stop en-route visiting farms where the families are harvesting crops and wells in the desert driven by oxen. A visit to Kumbhalgarh the huge wall built to keep the invading Moghuls out of the Rajput Kingdoms and Ranakpur the biggest Jain Temple complex in India. Return to Udaipur after shooting the sun setting over the desert.
1st November: After breakfast a visit to the Sun Palace built in 1559 by the Sun King, Udai Singh, followed by lunch on your own at any of the many lakeside restaurants or in the courtyard of the palace. Afternoon on own followed by a sunset cruise to Jag Mandir Island for photographs of the setting sun against the best views of Udaipur. Back to the hotel for rooftop farewell dinner.
2nd November: Our last day in India departing Udaipur with a flight back to New Delhi at a suitable time. Please make sure that you book your flights from 18h00. If your flights are departing the next day – you can spend the night in Delhi.
What does the tour cost?
Please use the Currency Convertor to find the price in your currency from USD.
What is included?
- Airport transfers and all transport around the itinerary during the tour.
- A cultural specialist to teach you about all of the wonderful places that you will be visiting.
- Photography instruction and guidance on all makes of cameras and cell phones by Leanne Dryburgh. (optional)
- 3-4 Star accommodation in Heritage Hotels with breakfast. (Ishvavra has previoulsy stayed at all of the accommodation that we stay at and its very clean and neat.
- Domestic flight – Udaipur to New Delhi.
- All private bus trips, train rides, local taxis, tuk-tuks and transport throughout the tour – included in the itinerary above.
- Boat trip to Lake Pichola to watch the sunset at the Temple Island in Udaipur.
- Entrance fees and camera fees to all of the places listed in the itinerary.
What is excluded?
- International flights arriving and departing from New Delhi. (Please make sure you land by mid-morning on the 24th of October the latest).
- All lunches and dinners
- Government and City Tax
- Any unforeseen transport costs.
- Any local transport not included in the itinerary above.
- Entrance fees not listed above and bicycle hire.
- Additional accommodation and transport for international flight times other than on day 1 and day 10 of the tour.
Do I need travel insurance?
Adequate travel insurance is compulsory for this tour.
- Make sure that you have comprehensive travel insurance that covers thephotowalkers.com cancellation policies (see below) and your international flight’s cancellation policies (ask your airline when booking).
- We recommend that you have your camera gear and laptop insured for damage and loss. thephotowalkers.com will not be held liable for any loss or damage under any circumstances.
How do I book?
Simply click on the ‘BOOKINGS & ENQUIRIES’ button towards the top of the page. There are drop-downs that prompt you to tell us which accommodation requirements you need and if you would like to share the transport. You will then receive an email with all of the relevant details.
What if I have a question?
- Call or WhatsApp Leanne on 083 293 7208.
- Email Jeanne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do I need Passports, Visas, Travel Insurance, Medical Aid, Cash and Vaccinations?
- All visitors must have a passport that is valid for at least six months.
- Please check if you require a Visa (South African citizens qualify for a free visa which is best obtained through electronically through an E-visa. This take 24 hours to process and the link is https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/tvoa.html).
- Please make sure you have adequate travel insurance that covers thephotowalkers.com and your international flights cancellation policies.
- Please bring EUROS, INDIAN RUPEES or US DOLLARS with you to change at travel desks. We have found that drawing cash in India and paying with a credit card can be troublesome.
- Ensure your Medical Aid knows that you are travelling abroad.
- Typhoid vaccinations are recommended – Hepatitis and Yellow Fever are optional.
- Head torches for the evenings.
What should I wear and bring?
- We are visiting India in Autumn so it is not too hot. So warm during the day and cool in the evenings.
- Swimming costumes for the rooftop pools.
- Comfortable walking shoes are a must as well as a comfortable backpack.
- Your own basic medical aid kits and any medications that you require.
- Computers and reading material for relaxation.
- A huge sense of adventure and the knowledge that you are going to walk, ride, eat, love, listen to, feel, drink, experience, cook, photograph and totally soak up INDIA!
How fit do I need to be?
A certain level of fitness is required to enable you to transport your own personal effects. Reasonably short to medium distances are covered. If during ‘free time’ you would like to partake in other adventures, additional fitness may be required.
Should you suffer from any chronic medical conditions, we recommend that you get a full medical clearance before committing to this Tour.
Duty Free Allowance:
- Alcoholic liquors or wines up to 1 liter per person can be purchased in Duty Free and brought into India.
- 200 Cigarettes or 50 cigars or 250 grams tobacco can be brought in.
What if I have to cancel?
- Cancellations within 3 months of the tour: No refund will be issued.
- Cancellations more than 3 months before the tour: 50% refund will be issued on any monies paid to date – less any expenses incurred – including accommodation and transport.
What if thephotowalkers.com has to cancel?
In the event that thephotowalkers.com has to cancel the tour for any reason whatsoever, a full refund will be issued on all expenses paid to date.
Although every possible care is taken to safeguard you and your property, no company involved in this tour accepts responsibility for any accident, injury, illness or death incurred during or arising from any tour, or loss or damage to clients property during a tour. We strongly advise you take out Good Travel Insurance for yourself and your property before the start of the tour.
No company involved will be held responsible for any expenses or loss of tour days resulting from changes in flight schedules, delays or loss of baggage by international air carriers or local air charter companies.
By booking this Photo-Tour, you agree to be bound by thephotowalkers.com indemnity terms and conditions. thephotowalkers.com, its staff, employees, suppliers and partners will not be held responsible for loss, injury, death or damage including consequential loss of any nature whatsoever while on the tour, in the shared transport, in the accommodation or during an activity. By booking this tour, you understand and accept this. thephotowalkers.com will do their best to avoid any circumstances that may lead to the above.
Intellectual Property and Confidentiality:
By booking this tour, you understand, accept and agree that any information given as well as any service providers, locations, workshops, partners, techniques or any part of the tour whatsoever is the Intellectual Property of The Photowalkers (t/a thephotowalkers.com).