- 01 March 2021
🤔 How can I take great photos?
Taking a great photo can be luck – you find yourself in a ‘Nat Geo’ moment. You are simply in the the right place, right light, right time. And you have a camera. Voila! It should be so easy!
The thing that you then need to be able to get it right technically. (If you are battling with this, Leanne and Peter do offer one-one Skype / Zoom lessons – WhatsApp 083 293 7208. For cameras and phones)
But even BEFORE you hit the trigger to take the shot- you need to THINK – and this is where people get it wrong.
You need to PRE-VISUALISE, find the hero in the image and think about the whole image.
Don’t just quickly take a 100 plus photos without thinking and then expect everyone in your family to love one or 50 of them. Or don’t submit to your camera club to be critted and then be disappointed. Get it right when you are there!
It’s not just about the scene, the moment, the light, the rule of thirds, the cost of equipment or technical ability.
Its about SEEING…
You need to THINK MORE and PHOTOGRAPH LESS…..
Thats what these 21 days are going to help you do.
How does it work?
We upload a daily theme and a tip on how to capture that theme onto our Facebook Group early every morning for 21 days.
You have to post that theme during that day.
You may only post 1 photo.
On Wednesdays, we will host a Webinar where we will go through the weeks photos submitted and discuss them.
We will also do a live demonstration helping you forward in the next week.
If you miss more than 2 days, you are out the challenge.
What is the cost and how do I pay?
The cost is R600.00* per person.
Please transfer into our bank account and send the proof to email@example.com.
EFT BANKING DETAILS:
The Photo Shed
Hermanus – Code 134512
Account Number 115 785 7663
Please use as reference: 21 days + your surname
Terms & Conditions:
* Photographs are to be submitted during the time given. After 2-days of no entries, you will be disqualified from the challenge.
* No refund will be issued under any circumstances. You may not transfer your booking to another challenge.
* Any negativity or nudity posted in this challenge will be removed immediately.
SO… Play nicely. If it happens more than once, the challenger will be deleted from the group and blocked from all future challengers.
* Any people advertising products or putting any information on the page that is not a weekly submission will be blocked immediately.
* thephotowalkers.com does not comment on photographs taken – but likes them to acknowledge that we have seen them.
* Entries close on the start day of the challenge.
TESTIMONIALS FROM PAST ’21 DAY THINKERS CHALLENGERS’:
- “I have enjoyed this challenge so much. It has been such an important diversion in the lockdown. It has been wonderful to have a different creative project every day. I truly wish it could be extended for the rest of the lockdown.
Thank you so much Leanne and Peter! ” Jess
- “This is not my first challenge and I enjoy doing them because they stretch me, not only in how to take a photograph but also to use my imagination and creativity. I also learn so much from seeing what other challengers achieve.” Lynette
- “I would like to thank all who were involved in the creation of these challenges. I have really enjoyed them and am sorry that they have come to an end.” Angela
- “I have learnt a lot from this challenge. It is very easy to only photograph things that we think are aesthetic and worth the effort. The 21 day challenge has taught me to devote time into my planning and has really broadened my creativity. I will always be grateful for the skills I have learnt from this challenge and will put them into practice in the future. Thank you to all The Photo Shed and fellow members💛” Chloe
- “The benefit of participating in a challenge like this one, is that one is pushed beyond one’s regular comfort zone. It is so easy to say that ‘my style of photography is xxxxxx” and then get stuck in that rut. A challenge pushes you into completely new genres.” Rung
- “Thank you so much for this 21 day challenge….can’t believe it is over! As always I have learnt so much with Leanne and Peter …and being able to practice it the next day with a different theme all helps with the learning process. Seeing everyone’s set up pictures was very interesting…so many nice ideas on taking beautiful photos.
The feedback sessions every week was very valuable as well…to see how you could have taken a photo differently to get a better result.” Mariette
- “Thank you so much for the challenges and the patients with the questions. This is not the first challenge and most certainly will not be the last I have so much to learn. Thanks to my fellow pals I learnt a lot from your posts and comments as well. Leanne and Peter I have differently learnt and have enjoyed this daily home work it has kept me going, specially on days that I would have easily just stayed in bed feel sorry for myself. With each theme I learnt something new.” Maki
By taking part on the Thinking Photo Challenge you agree to be bound by thephotowalkers.com indemnity terms and conditions. thephotowalkers.com, it’s staff, employees, suppliers and partners will not be held responsible for loss, injury, death or damage including consequential loss of any nature what-so-ever when on our challenges. By booking this challenge you understand and accept this.
Intellectual Property and Confidentiality:
By booking this challenge you accept and agree that any information given as well as any service providers, locations, workshops, partners, techniques or any part of the challenge what-so-ever is the Intellectual Property of The Photowalkers (t/a thephotowalkers.com).