Botswana Mobile Photo Safari 2022
(Optional Add-ons to The Cape, Chobe or the Masai Mara)
Botswana – The Heart of Africa.
A lifetime experience in an open safari vehicle.
Simply sit back and reap the rewards of our teams many years of experience in the bush and behind the lens.
SOLO TRAVELLERS ARE WELCOME: We have managed to keep the Solo Rate at just 15%
Join us for a 6 Day Safari in either Khwai or Moremi – or upgrade to an 11 Day Safari to both areas.
- 02 – 07 September 2022: (6 day / 5 night Safari) Khwai Conservancy
- 08 – 12 September 2022: (6 day / 5 night Safari) Moremi Game Reserve.
- 02 – 12 September 2022: (11 day / 10 night Safari) Khwai and Moremi.
Please see flight details below:
- The minimum number has been reached, so the safari is going ahead.
- Early booking is advisable to avoid disappointment.
- The closing date of the tour is 01 August 2022
- See below for deposit details to secure as well as price and payment terms.
What does each area have to offer?
- The conservancy is on the banks of the mighty Khwai River so lots of elephant herds, hippos and other animals coming down to drink. Game viewing is ease free.
- Cat sightings are usually very good.
- A wide variety of birds and antelope.
- A Mokoro (dug out canoe) ride on the Khwai river (optional extra).
- Semi wooded. An incredible variety of large trees.
- No pressure to be back in camp by sunset – so can stay out a little into the night.
Moremi Game Reserve:
- You are right next to the Delta to explore it.
- Open African planes, which often have large herds of elephants, buffalo, antelope and wild dogs roaming.
- Mopani forests which create mysterious landscapes.
- A full day on a double-decker boat into the Delta to ‘Bird Island’ (optional extra).
- On the boat you will go where very few people go, enjoy a picnic lunch and see elephants swimming, view game on the islands and, if you are lucky, sitatunga and otter.
- In Moremi you have to be back in camp by 18h30 every evening.
Why choose thephotowalkers.com for an excellent African Safari Photographic experience?
- Our safari has been created BY PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHERS – FOR ALL SKILLS LEVELS OF PHOTOGRAPHERS.
- 8 years ago we’ve put together a ‘Mobile Safari for Photography’ on exclusive campsites in The Okavango Delta far away from other campers. We’ve worked hard to perfect it.
- Our Mobile Safari includes comfortable en-suite 3×3 dome tents with a highly trained team that takes care of all of your needs, in the camp and while on safari.
- All dietary requirements are catered for and gourmet meals are served with plenty of fresh fruit, salads and vegetables as sides. Fresh bread is baked daily in a bush oven under coals.
- We cater for 3 litres of drinking water per person per day and you choose which soft drinks and alcoholic drinks you would like from an extensive menu before travel commences.
- Our Game Rangers are highly qualified with many years of experience and after 8 years of working together they understand how thephotowalkers.com operate. The safari vehicles are carefully positioned at each sighting for the best angle and light. We wait for the magic to happen rather than rush and miss what unfolds.
- Each vehicle has a maximum of 8 people on it (including a professional game ranger and a professional photographer).
- A highly skilled safari guide, an Accredited SA Professional Photographer and a maximum of 6 clients – each with their own ‘window seat’ on the vehicle. Space next to them for their bags, second cameras or spare lenses. We make sure everyone has space to ‘get the shot’. Each vehicle is equipped with a fridge.
- We encourage silence at the sightings rather than casual chit-chat to soak up the whole experience . We change seats daily allowing everyone a turn at a different height.
- Our photographers do not photograph for their own portfolios like many photographic safaris. Their aim is to guide and teach you, assist you, and leave with the best set of photographs that you can.
- We bring gear rental for you from South Africa and if you are an Olympus user – you get free gear for the duration of your safari to use.
- If you do not have gear – we will arrange Olympus Camera gear at no charge.
- You receive a gift pack on arrival.
- Every detail is taken care of to ensure that your stay is safe and comfortable. This gives you the freedom to concentrate on the surroundings, game drives and photography.
- We cater for special occasions such as birthdays or anniversaries.
- We do not oversell our tours – which makes this the Ultimate African Photographic Safari Adventure.
- We provide comprehensive packing lists, mosquito repellent sprays, insect sprays, soap, facecloths, towels, blankets, comfortable mattresses on bed frames and fresh cotton linen.
- A large mess tent where one can relax, download images and where meals are served.
- We have charging stations for cameras and laptops and give feedback on images.
- In case of an emergency: We supply you with a contact number in Maun that you can give your family should they need to reach you. We have a satellite phone with us at all times. For emergency medical evacuation you’ll have membership with Okavango Air Rescue. There is a comprehensive first aid kit in camp and on the vehicles.
- thephotowalkers.com have a hard drive and will backup all of your images for you. Once you have arrived home safely and backed up your own images – we’ll delete your files. This is just a precaution.
- This is ‘hassle-free’ way of capturing the Okavango Delta.
ALL OF THE ABOVE IS INCLUDED IN THE PRICE.
Which items are excluded?
- International flights to Maun between either Cape Town or Johannesburg in South Africa – and Maun in Botswana.
- Local flight from the Delta to Maun on the last day of the safari, allowing you to catch your flight back to South Africa on time.
- Visas (if applicable).
- All additional expenses related to Covid-19*
- Travel insurance (compulsory) and insurance for your gear and items of a personal nature.
- All international bank transfer charges.
- Tips and gratuities (we will email all confirmed participants a comprehensive tipping guide).
- Premium drinks such as single malt whiskies and craft spirits.
*Itinerary and travel details:
On arrival day:
- Meet and Greet at Maun Airport and be transported in an Open Safari Vehicle to your first camp (unless the whole group would prefer to fly in).
On final days:
- Catch a flight after breakfast from the Delta back to Maun, where you will be on time for your international flight back to South Africa
The travel day is the 8th of September:
- If you are booking the Khwai Conservancy trip only, you will fly from Khwai to Maun (we book this flight for you) and Maun to JHB/CT.
- If you are booking the Moremi Game Reserve trip only – please book your flight to arrive in Maun no later than 13h30.
- If you are doing both Khwai and Moremi – we will transfer between camps on the 8th.
Which International Flights to Maun do I book?
To get to Maun, Botswana from South Africa:
SA Airlink flight number 4Z314 – Depart Cape Town International Airport (CPT) – arrive at Maun Botswana (MUB):
SA Airlink flight number 4Z300: Depart OR Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg – arrive Maun, Botswana (MUB):
Air Botswana flight number 212:Depart OR Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg – arrive Maun, Botswana (MUB):
To get back to South Africa from Maun, Botswana:
SA Airlink Flight number 4Z315 – Depart Maun (MUB) to Cape Town International Airport (CPT) – arrive
SA Airlink Flight number 4Z315 – Depart Maun (MUB) to OR Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg (JNB):- arrive
Air Botswana flight number 211: Depart Maun (MUB) to OR Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg (JNB):- arrive
*Covid Regulations when travelling to Botswana:
Currently, you do not need to quarantine when travelling to Botswana, but you may need a negative PCR test that is stamped on entering Botswana and they also need one more on exciting. There are now nurses that fly to the camp the day before you depart and do the test for each person. The cost of her flight and time is $550 for the group (to be divided equally) and $75 per person for their PRC test. This is not included in tour price, and must be paid in cash. If this changes closer to the time, we will let you know.
|Please use the Currency Convertor to find the price in your currency from USD.
What does the Safari cost?
- Add-on holiday before or after Safari to Cape Town.
- Add-on holiday before or after Safari to Cape Town and Hermanus for Whale Watching.
- Add-on holiday before or after Safari to Cape Town, Hermanus and the Garden Route.
Do I need travel insurance?
Adequate travel insurance is compulsory for this safari.
- Make sure that you have comprehensive travel insurance that covers thephotowalkers.com cancellation policies (see below) and your international flight’s cancellation policies (ask your airline when booking).
- We recommend that you have your camera gear and laptop insured for damage and loss. thephotowalkers.com will not be held liable for any loss or damage under any circumstances.
How do I book?
Simply click on the ‘BOOKINGS & ENQUIRIES’ button towards the top of the page. There are drop-downs that prompt you to tell us which accommodation requirements you need and transport. You will then receive an email with all of the relevant details.
What if I have a question?
- Call or WhatsApp Leanne on 083 293 7208.
- Email Jeanne at email@example.com.
Passports, Visas, Medical Aid, Cash and Vaccinations:
- All visitors must have a passport that is valid for at least six months after the date of departure.
- Please check if you require a Visa (South African citizens do not require a Visa).
- The preferred currency in Botswana is either US DOLLARS and as a second choice – BOTSWANA PULA. You will not be going to any travel desks while in Botswana – so please bring cash with you. We have found that drawing cash in Botswana and paying with a credit card can be troublesome. We will guide you on how much cash to bring. There are no ATM’s to draw money from.
- Ensure your Medical Aid knows that you are travelling abroad – and where you are travelling to.
- Please check with your local Travel Medical Centre if you need any vaccinations.
- Botswana is a Malaria area. Taking Malaria Medication is recommended. We do provide mosquito spray and insect repellents to help prevent you from being bitten – but we cannot guarantee that this will prevent a bite and the illness.
What do I bring for photography?
If you do not have everything on the list – you are welcome to hire from us and we will bring it for you.
All OLYMPUS gear is provided at no charge.
- 2 camera bodies.
- 1 zoom lens with a focal length of at least 400mm with a protective UV filter on.
- 1 lens for landscapes with a protective UV filter on.
- Battery charger and cables.
- Spare batteries.
- At least 4 by 32 gig fast memory cards.
- Laptop (please note that you cannot work on the Cloud on this safari).
- External hard drive.
How fit do I need to be?
- Minimum fitness is required as you will spend your time in the camp or on the safari vehicle.
- Should you suffer from any chronic medical conditions, we recommend that you, get a full medical clearance before committing to this tour.
Duty Free Allowance travelling into Botswana:
- Alcoholic liquors or wines up to 1 litre per person can be purchased in Duty-Free and brought into Botswana.
- 200 Cigarettes or 50 cigars or 250 grams tobacco can be brought in.
If you are travelling to the African Continent for the tour – why not stay and explore the Beautiful Cape or go on a extended Safari in Chobe, the Masai Mara and Vic Falls?
These can be recreational tours/holidays on your own or Photo-Tours with thephotowalkers.com
The Cape Town based add-on includes:
Flights from Botswana to Cape Town, one free night at the Cape Town Waterfront on the 14th, all transport in an air-conditioned bus during the tour, all accommodation with breakfast, a qualified tour guide and registered bus driver as well as all entrance fees.
A Professional Photographer to guide and teach is an optional extra for all or part of the tour. This will be beneficial if you want to be taken to all of the best locations for photography in the best light for that location.
The Safari add-on includes:
Flights from Botswana or the Masai, one free night in Botswana on the 14th. Professional safari guides, accommodation, all meals and refreshments plus two safaris a day in an open safari vehicles.
A Professional Photographer will accompany you for all, part or none of the tour. That’s up to you! This is an optional extra should you wish to leave with the best wildlife photos that you can.
Friends or family are welcome to join for these add-ons.
9 days/8 nights Additional Add-ons: 14 September – 22 September options:
- Experience all of Cape Town, a day trip to Hermanus for Whale Watching and a day trip to Stellenbosch for Wine Tasting.
- Nights of 14, 15, 16th in Cape Town; 17th travel via Stellenbosch to Hermanus for Whale Watching; 18, 19, 20 and 21st of August explore the Garden Route including Plettenberg bay, Knysna and more.
- On safari in the Masai Mara or the Chobe region on a river boat in the Okavango Delta of Botswana.
14 days/ 13 nights Additional Add-ons : 14 September – 27 September options:
- Nights of 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19th in Cape Town; 20th in Stellenbosch, 21st in Hermanus; 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, and 27th exploring the Garden Route including Plettenberg bay, Knysna and more.
- Nights of 14, 15, 16th in Cape Town; 17th in Stellenbosch, 18th in Hermanus; 19, 20, 21st exploring the Garden Route, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26th on Safari in Addo Elephant Park.
- 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20th September on safari in the Masai Mara or the Okavango Delta in Botswana. 21, 22, 23rd cruising on a luxury boat on the Chobe River 24, 25, 26th September stay in Livingstone and explore the Vic Falls area.
Please indicate which of the above you would like quotes on in the booking form.
What if I need to cancel?
- Cancellations within 3 months of the tour: No refund will be issued.
- Cancellations more than 3 months before the tour: 50% refund will be issued on any monies paid to date – less any expenses incurred – including accommodation and the transport.
- Once thephotowalkers.com has received a written cancellation – it may not be retracted under any circumstances what-so-ever.
What if thephotowalkers.com has to cancel?
In the event that thephotowalkers.com has to cancel the tour for any reason whatsoever, a full refund will be issued on all expenses paid to date.
If world travel is prohibited for any reason what-so-ever, thephotowalkers.com will hold any monies paid in a secure trust account and reschedule the safari to a later date when travel is allowed again.
Although every possible care is taken to safeguard you and your property, no company involved in this tour accepts responsibility for any accident, injury, illness or death incurred during or arising from any tour, or loss or damage to clients property during a tour. Good Travel Insurance is compulsory for yourself and your property.
No company involved in this safari will be held responsible for any loss or damage to your belongings, laptop or camera gear. The same applies if there are changes of the tour days resulting in-flight changes, delays or loss of baggage by international air carriers or local air charter companies.
By booking this Photo-Tour, you agree to be bound by thephotowalkers.com indemnity terms and conditions. thephotowalkers.com, it’s staff, employees, suppliers and partners will not be held responsible for loss, injury, death or damage including consequential loss of any nature whatsoever while on the tour, in the shared transport, in the accommodation or during an activity. By booking this tour, you understand and accept this. thephotowalkers.com will do their best to avoid any circumstances that may lead to the above.
Intellectual Property and Confidentiality:
By booking this tour, you understand, accept and agree that any information given as well as any service providers, locations, workshops, partners, techniques or any part of the tour whatsoever is the Intellectual Property of The Photowalkers (t/a thephotowalkers.com).